Think Habitat may be a good fit for your family or for someone you know? In May 2014 we will begin accepting applications for our 24th home, to be built in Wamego. To fill out an application, you MUST attend an orientation session. Please see the flyer below and email or call us at (785) 537-7545 to schedule your 30-minute spot.
The last Saturday of March was a busy one here at MAHFH: we were finally able to landscape the yard of Build 23 while the KSU Habitat Chapter hosted a 5K fundraiser at Tuttle Creek State Park. Click here to see pictures of the Zombie Run for Humanity 5K.
A big Thank You to Ben Lemmons of Deep Roots Landscape Management, Garland Miller of Garland Excavating, and everyone else who came out to help landscape the Crabtree Family’s yard now that the weather has (mostly!) warmed up.
GROW GREEN Match Day on Tuesday, May 6, 2014 holds incredible opportunity for Manhattan Area Habitat for Humanity. On that day, the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation will match donations made to our endowment fund—our long-term savings—and we could potentially receive more than a $10,000 match.
Here’s how it works:
Come to the event and make a donation.
Date: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
Time: 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Place: Colony Square Atrium, 555 Poyntz Avenue Manhattan, KS
(Online gifts made between 12:00 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. on May 6 will qualify for match dollars.)
- Individual contributions ranging from $25 to $1,000 per organization will receive a local match at $.50 per $1, so a $1,000 gift can receive a $500 local match. If a donor gives a $5,000 gift split evenly between five organizations, each group is eligible to receive a $500 match.
- Gifts can be made by cash, check, or online using a credit card. Cash and check gifts should be made in person at the event. Credit card gifts can be made online at a remote location, or at the event. When donating by check, one check must be made payable to the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation. A separate form will be used to indicate which organizations will benefit. Make sure to include Manhattan Area Habitat for Humanity on your list!
- Gifts made in person at the event at Colony Square will qualify for prize money incentives for MAHFH.
Your donation on Match Day will go into MAHFH’s endowed fund at the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation. The endowment produces annual income that can help support MAHFH. The matched amount will be available for MAHFH to use immediately. This is a chance to multiply the difference we make, and it’s truly a missed opportunity if we don’t take full advantage. Your gift is vital for helping us maximize the match.
Join Manhattan Area Habitat for Humanity and Wonder Workshop for an Earth Day celebration at our Habitat for Humanity ReStore! Saturday, April 26th from 10-2pm at 2711 Amherst Ave, Manhattan. A healthy and hearty lunch will be provided. Admission is free, donations accepted. Bring your family and have fun with the following activities:
- Rain Barrel Demonstration
- Pallet Community Garden
- Flower Planters
- Crafty Garden Decoration
- Build a Bird or Bat House
- Tour Habitat for Humanity ReStore